Monday, April 23, 2007

WILLIAMS family (Caswell Co., NC)

Last week I combed through some more WILLIAMS family entries in Katherine Kerr Kendall's Abstract of Caswell County, NC Will Books, 1777-1843 that is posted online at ancestry.com. I found some correlations between my Henry Williams and his brother James Williams. Henry Williams administered the estate of James Williams who wrote his will in 1780 in Caswell Co., NC, having sought refuge from his home town of 96th District, SC.
Evidently this James Williams was a pretty famous Colonel in the Revolutionary War. Colonel James Williams died at the battle of King's Mountain, Oct 1780 and is buried in Gaffney, SC.
I ordered the book "James Williams: An American Patriot in the Carolina Backcountry" by William Graves hoping to learn more about his family to see if he really was a brother to my Henry Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment