Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Keep It Coming!



People are finding and reading my blog! I have received several emails already this year on a couple of different families represented on my blog by unrelated, distantly related, and closely related researchers / cousins who have found my blog.

One reader has offered to join our Goodwin-Godwin family surname DNA project in exchange for assistance in researching and placing her Godwin line among our North Carolina Godwin lines.

Another reader is the grand-daughter of the brother of my 2nd great-grandfather. Her grandfather was the last of these siblings to survive. We were very disappointed to learn of his death in 2007, however I am excited to gain contact with his granddaughter. Although we are both on the same quest to determine the birth and death information of her great-grandfather, T. J. Benson, and we may not glean anything new between the two of us; at least I will learn of her grandfather's life and maybe of his siblings (including my great great grandfather, as well).

Then there's the occasional request for me to send my entire tree out to someone who is "helping his friend" on a family to which I responded that I did not have a printable family tree to distribute but I would be happy to answer any specific questions he might have.

I am averaging about 4 weeks to respond to these requests, but that's just because I'm still in school. I have 4 more weeks of school and then I'm off for the summer so I will be able to ramp that time up.

Keep them coming!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on making connections. According to my blog stats, some people have reached my blog based on an ancestor's name, but so far no one has contacted me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic Ginger!!! Dee - I've had two distant cousins contact me off of my blog postings in the year I have been blogging. It's been slow going but very gratifying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee - I have had this blog for 4 years now and I am just now starting to get emails from it. I never think to look at the stats because blogger just started using them...

    Michelle, thanks so much. That's great you've had two cousins contact you! I know it must be so rewarding to know that people are reading your work and benefiting from it!

    ReplyDelete