Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Carolina Digital Library and Archives


Ok, so I was in the Wilson Library on the UNC campus this week waiting for my class to start and came across this display at the end of the hall and had to take a photograph of it. I thought it look super cool, and wanted to share with everyone.

We are very lucky to have an organization like this on campus. The Carolina Digital Library and Archives (CDLA) is primarily responsible for transferring materials to digital format.  They have completed such projects as North Carolina Maps, Going to the Show, and one project that I had a chance to work on last semester - Driving through Time: The Digital Blue Ridge Parkway.

Photograph taken by Ginger R. Smith, 22 March 2011, Wilson Library, UNC, Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

5 comments:

  1. I'd not seen the Maps Collection. Fabulous. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! It is a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice image! You know I'm super envious of your being right on the UNC campus :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taneya, I know, I'm envious of me too! I love it and I'm so glad they let me back in for Graduate School. It's super cool! (I don't want to leave
    ;-)

    And yes, I thought it was a very COOL image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, neat shot and interesting post!

    ReplyDelete