Monday, March 19, 2012

Mildred Alice Peter's Death Certificate


In last week’s Tombstone Tuesday Post I showed a photo of Mildred A Peter’s headstone that I took when I visited Missouri back in 2006. Her Find-A-Grave memorial said she died of whooping cough and referenced her death certificate as the source. I pulled her death certificate from the Missouri State Archives online death certificate website to see what else I could find out. She was only 1 month 6 days old when she died.  I believe she was Herbert and Emma Peters’ first child. How sad it must have been for them to lose a child at such a young age.


Missouri State Board of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, Certificate of Death No. 10958-1, filed in Oregon County, Missouri, which was also the place of death.

This is the only source so far I have seen providing Mildred’s middle name of “Alice.” Her parents were Herbert Peters, born in Thomasville, Missouri. Thomasville is a small community just north of Alton in Oregon County, Missouri. Her mother was Emma Dodd, born in Lawrence County, Arkansas which is just over the Missouri-Arkansas line.

Mildred Alice Peters was an infant born January 27th, 1931 in Thomasville, Oregon County, Missouri. She died in same of whooping cough on March 5, 1931. She was 1 month, 6 days old. Following death, she was buried March 6, 1931 in Joliff Cemetery, Thomasville, Missouri, by O B Bales. Her father, Herbert Peters, was the informant of this death.

If you have more information about this family, please feel free to email me at ginger (dot) reney (at) gmail (dot) com. Replace items in parenthesis with “.” and “@.” Or click on my name to open new email message to me: <a href="mailo:ginger.reney@gmail.com"> Ginger R. Smith </A>

To learn more information on this family, read my post: The Mystery of William Herbert Peters’ Birth. Herbert Peters was my great-grandmother's half-brother. He was born in Missouri, but eventually settled in Texas where he died in 1979. 

No comments:

Post a Comment