Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - Eliza Ann Orr Godwin

Eliza Ann Orr Godwin, b. 27 Apr 1833, d. 20 Oct 1929 - Personal collection of Ginger R. Smith, photograph taken May 1, 2006 by Ginger R. Smith, Old Baptist Cemetery, Salem, Arkansas
Eliza Ann Orr married Agrippa Spinks Godwin who died 1864 at the Battle of Iron Knob in Iron Knob MO. The burial spot of Agrippa Spinks Godwin is unknown at this time but is believed to be an unmarked mass burial grave in Ironton.

This was the state of the tombstone as I found it in 2006 - in 3 separate pieces.

This post is part of the daily blogging theme hosted by GeneaBloggers.

2 comments:

  1. This is a relative of mine. David Orr 1798/99-1947 was my paternal gr,gr,gr,gr grandfather... I am just beginning my research but would love any insight you may have. hthawsh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a relative of mine. David Orr 1798/99-1947 was my paternal gr,gr,gr,gr grandfather... I am just beginning my research but would love any insight you may have. hthawsh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete