I know I'm a few days late to participate in Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun from May 8th, 2010, but thought I would post my reply to his latest topic: Matrilineal Lines...upon further evaluation and discovery, I thought this would be an excellent candidate to include in the Treasure Chest Thursday blog prompt today.
Your matrilineal line consists of your mother, your mother's mother, her mother, etc, as far back as you can go. This is important because this is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you.
Here is my Matrilineal Line:
1. Ginger R. Smith, b. 1976 Ft. Smith, AR
2. Marilyn Godwin married Timothy Smith
3. Sue Carolyn Lasiter (1936 OK - 2003 Sebastian Co., AR) married Lawrence O. Godwin
4. Thelma Louise Benson (1912 Osage Co., OK - 1996 Sebastian Co., AR) married James Putman Lasiter (1908 OK - 1974 Sebastian Co., AR)
5. Eva Mae Dennis (1889 Lamar Co., TX - 1983 Stephens Co., OK) married Barney Sharon Benson (1884 Sebastian Co., AR - 1952 CA)
6. Lucendy Gentry (1868 TN - 1905 Lamar Co., TX) married Reuben Dennis (1867 TX - 1941 Lamar Co., TX)
To top things off, I just so happen to have a 5-generation picture of my matrilineal lines!!!
In the chair I [Ginger R. Smith] am being held by my mother, Marilyn Godwin. Standing behind her from left to right is my grandmother, Sue Carolyn Lasiter Godwin, then my great grandmother Thelma Louise Benson Lasiter, then my great-great grandmother, Eva Mae Dennis Benson.