Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting organized...progress for Jan 2009

I have started working on Dear Myrtle's January Organizational Checklist:

Step 1. Create a LASITER surname notebook

- done

Step 2. Put all direct line family group sheets in chronological order in a section labeled "Direct Line"

- done

I have an FGS for my grandmother, Sue Lasiter; behind that I have one for her father, James Putman Lasiter, and behind that one for his father, James Franklin Lasiter.

Step 3. Put all collateral line family group sheets in chronological order in a section labeled "Collateral Lines." - These include the siblings of my grandmother, Sue Lasiter; the siblings of her father, James Putman Lasiter, and the siblings of his father, James Franklin Lasiter.

- done

I have an FGS for my grandmother's sister, Barbara Lasiter, and one for her brother, James Putman Lasiter, Jr. I do not know of any siblings of either James Putman Lasiter Sr or his father, James Franklin Lasiter.

Step 4. Put research papers on any suspected ancestors and families in a section labeled "Research-Not Proven."

- I currently do not have any research to add to this section

Step 5. Place all important documents in page protectors

- I have not done this yet either because I need to purchase the oversized file tab dividers that can be seen behind the page protectors. Also, I do not have many documents to add to this binder as I have not done much research on this family.

I feel accomplished and ready to move on to next month's tasks.

Dear Myrtle also suggests we participate in Familysearch.org's indexing project.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post but I wanted to comment on the oversize tab dividers and sheet protectors. I had a hard time finding the oversize tab dividers in my area without ordering them online. I just buy regular ones, lay them on top of the sheet protector and make a small mark where the top of the tab is and where the bottom of the tab is, then I take my X-Acto knife to the inside of the sheet protector and make my cut, then slide my tabbed divider inside......Walah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a great idea! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete